Monday, January 30, 2017

Brotherhood (Writing)

What is Brotherhood? Brotherhood can have many different types of shapes and forms. One definition that everyone would agree on is that brotherhood is a tight, close relationship with a small group of people who all depend on one another.

Brotherhood is important in all aspects of life. It’s used in people's daily life. It’s used between two friends or sometimes thousands of people.

As I’ve attended Christian Brothers for about 3 years I’ve witnessed brotherhood almost, if not every single day. Brotherhood in the hallways of CBA can be one picking up a pencil for another or giving one an extra dollar if someone is short, even if they don’t know them.

This past week I had the chance to talk to a few classmates and teachers about brotherhood. I interviewed several people and each and everyone of them seemed to have different types of answers but all under the same type of category. That category being Comradery.

Whether one is at school or outside of school brotherhood is always involved with one another in the Colt community. Brotherhood does not just occur inside of school, but also outside of the classroom.

If one was to walk into the gymnasium during a CBA basketball game and see the mob of fans, one obviously would infer that their is some type of special commandery between the classmates. All students are there for one another during the good times, and yet also the tough times. Students will always try to make one of their classmates happy when one is down. That is the great thing about attending Christian brothers Academy, the comradery between classmates.

To add on, I’ve had a great experience at the Academy for three years. I’ve made some close friendships, and some of those close friends I’d consider myself brothers with them. If they were ever in a  time of need I would do anything for them. I would risk myself for them as I would know they’d do the same for me. That’s what brotherhood to me is about. Caring so much about each other you’d do anything to make sure their safe and happy.

Although CBA contains much brotherhood, brotherhood extends way outside of my high school. Brotherhood is portrayed within battle, family tragedies, and even sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment